Consult Energy Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Data Controller
Consult Energy Ltd is the data controller for any personal information you supply in relation to enquiries about our products, services and when registering as a client or candidate. Our full postal address is:
- Consult Energy Ltd, Neville House, 14 Waterloo Street, Birmingham, B2 5TX
- Telephone Number: 0121 633 3030
- Email Address: [email protected]
What we collect
Consult Energy Ltd Limited may collect your personal and sensitive personal data such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details, e-mail address and sensitive personal information obtained from your CV such as criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
What we use your information for
Essentially, we will use the data you have supplied for the purposes of assisting with job seeking now or in the future. A list of the reasons we will use it for include:
- Internal record-keeping.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
- To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal references checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills test. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Consult Energy Ltd Limited.
- To trusted third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Consult Energy Ltd Limited.
- The personal and sensitive personal information you provide us may be sent to clients and third parties located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will take reasonable steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if they require us to do so by law.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your data for as long as there is either a statutory requirement for us to do so or to be able to provide a service to you. This will usually require us to retain your personal data after any business relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes and to deal with any account support questions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Our services are all hosted from a datacentre within the EEA which is ISO27001 certified. We undertake regular vulnerability scans of our website and services to ensure your data is safe.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Your rights to your information
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may affect the services we are able to supply you.
Where Consult Energy Ltd Limited is the data controller you are entitled to the following subject to some legal exemptions: –
- Request a copy of the personal information of which you are the data subject
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place restrictions on us processing your data
- to object to processing
- to request your data to be ported (data portability)
For more information on your rights please visit the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We may use the information to improve our services to you.
- To contact you via email, SMS or phone, about jobs that we believe you may be interested in.
- Maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website as a client or candidate.
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we believe may be suitable for you.
- To send your information to clients for potential jobs or to assess suitability for the role. We will obtain verbal consent before presenting your details to a client.
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific roles or to subscribe to our job alerts which we believe may be of interest to you.
- Where you have consented, we will directly market products and services, and advice you of any updates to our services. Where we do so you will be able to unsubscribe at any time from receiving any further communications from us.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, specials or other information (which we think you may find interesting) using the email address which you have provided).